Updated 9 April 2021
Studying English in the UK is a wonderful experience, but we understand you may have questions or concerns about Covid-19. Here’s what we’re doing to keep you safe during your stay.
Safety at School
- Masks must be worn everywhere in the school building (they are not required in the garden).
- Our reception staff wear visors.
- You’ll see social distancing signs and marking throughout the school.
- Everyone must keep a distance of 1m+ at all times.
- We have a one-way system in parts of the school. Follow the arrows!
- In class, all students sit 1m+ apart. Furniture is arranged to make distancing easier.
- We open classroom windows regularly to ensure good ventilation.
- Some classes may begin 30 minutes earlier or later than the normal timetable, to help with social distancing.
- To avoid sharing paper, we ask students to bring a laptop or mobile device to class.
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout the school.
- All classroom surfaces such as table tops and chairs are sanitised at the end of each lesson.
- Surfaces in reception and common areas are sanitised throughout the day.
- We arrange a regular deep clean to make the school as safe and hygienic as possible.
- Staff and students take tests twice a week, using a home test kit that you can get for free. We’ll show you how to do this. You’ll need to report your test result (positive or negative) to the National Health Service (NHS).
We’re Good to Go!
This official UK tourism mark shows that we follow government Covid-19 guidelines and have a process in place for cleanliness and social distancing.
Safety in Your Accommodation
You’ll have a single room (not a shared room). The only exception is if two students who live together in their home country request a shared room.
Your homestay is risk assessed for Covid safety before we place you. We also ask you to complete a risk declaration. Together, this helps to ensure the safety of both you and your host.
Our hosts receive detailed information about Covid safety procedures, and our Homestay Officer personally discusses these with each host; so you can be sure of a safe home environment.
In Residential Accommodation
You’ll have an en-suite room. Our residence partners have also increased the frequency of cleaning. Common rooms are closed to help with social distancing.
There are special procedures which we’ll inform you of before you arrive. For example, you’ll need to minimise contact with your host and take all meals in your bedroom. We’ll do our best to provide you with a separate bathroom. If this is not possible, your host will clean the bathroom more frequently and you will be asked to wipe down taps and surfaces after use. You can attend online classes during your self-isolation period.
In Residential & Private Accommodation
If you need to self-isolate, don’t worry – we’re here for you! We’ll provide you with information and guidance. This includes practical advice on what to do if you feel unwell, as well as advice on where to order food deliveries. We can also arrange for your English lessons to be online.
Here to Help You!
We’re always available to help, so please feel free to contact us – by email, by phone or on our website – if you have any questions or concerns.