• Social distancing and the wearing of masks are not compulsory, but we still need to be considerate of others who may feel vulnerable. This may mean maintaining social distance and wearing a mask in certain situations.
• We will speak to you to understand your preferences and concerns.
Please maintain hygiene by washing/sanitising your hands and wiping the surfaces that you use, such as tabletops. There are tissues and cleaning products in every classroom.
• Surfaces in reception and common areas are sanitised throughout the day.
• We arrange a regular deep clean to make the school as safe as possible.
• We open classroom windows regularly to ensure good ventilation
• You’ll have a single room (not a shared room). The only exception is if two students who live together in their home country request a shared room.
• Your homestay is risk assessed for Covid safety before we place you. We also ask you to complete a risk declaration. Together, this helps to ensure the safety of both you and your host.
• Our hosts receive detailed information about Covid safety procedures, and our Homestay Officer personally discusses these with each host; so you can be sure of a safe home environment.
• You’ll have an en-suite room. Our residence partners have also increased the frequency of cleaning. Common rooms are closed to help with social distancing.
When you arrive into the UK, you may need to quarantine for 10 days. This will depend on which country you are travelling from – see our online guide for details. If you need to quarantine, we can provide a suitable homestay for this and we can arrange online lessons during this period.
• There are special procedures which we inform you of before you arrive, for example, minimising contact with your host and taking all meals in your room.
• We’ll do our best to provide you with a separate bathroom. If this is not possible, your host will clean the bathroom more frequently and you will be asked to wipe down taps and surfaces after use.
• If you need to self-isolate, don’t worry – we’re here for you! We’ll provide you with information and guidance on what to do if you feel unwell, as well as advice on where to order food deliveries.
• If you have to self-isolate during your course, we’ll treat this in the same way as a holiday. Therefore, you can make up the time at the end of your course or you can add afternoon classes. If there is no suitable level available, we’ll convert your credit to 1:1 lessons, but please note you will have fewer hours.
Updated on 18 August 2021