As long as quarantine remains a requirement for UK arrivals, Lewis School will continue to offer quarantine in selected homestays in Southampton.
Quarantining with Lewis School
All of our quarantine host families have passed our risk assessment and have adequate facilities. Quarantine host families are supervised by our Accommodation Manager and are willing to support students in case of Covid. All Lewis Hosts who offer quarantine are well informed on all procedures and will help students to make sure that quarantine is as pleasant as possible.
During your quarantine, you can still make the most of your time and study with us online, before joining us for face-to-face classes.
What should I expect from quarantine in homestays?
- There will be only one student in the same house, unless 2 students are traveling together from the same origin country and specifically require accommodation together.
- Students will have their own bedroom and the exclusive use of a bathroom.
- Meals will be delivered to the bedroom.
- Students should not leave the house for the whole duration of the quarantine and should not roam around the house but stay in the space which has been allocated for their exclusive use.
- Students will be given access to an outdoor space like a garden or a patio. They should remain 2-metre distant from other household members when also in the garden.
Read more about this from a Lewis student’s first-hand experience>>
- English UK website – you can find out more about what you need to do before you arrive in the U.K.
- Passenger locator form – all arrivals to the UK will need to fill in a passenger locator form
- Government Webiste – a list of Countries rated as red, amber or green for Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the rules you must follow to enter England.
Homestay Quarantine Fees
Since you will not be able to leave the house and you will need the use of a private bathroom during your quarantine, you will require to book an Executive Homestay.
Here to Help!
We’re always available to help, so please feel free to contact us – by email, by phone or on our website – if you have any questions or concerns.