Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Travel, Visa & Preparation

Get ready for Lewis School! On this page, you’ll find all the information you need about airport transfer fees, insurance and visa applications. You can also download our Pre-Arrival Guide, which will help you and your parents/guardians to prepare for your stay, and to answer questions you may have about our programmes.

If you have any further questions about your stay, please contact us.


Airport transfers

Whether you are travelling individually or as a group, we can arrange travel from your airport to your accommodation.

Download 2019 airport transfer fees >


Please complete and return our Travel & Medical Consent Form.
Please also print the form, sign it, and make sure your child travels with this document. They may need to show it at border control at the airport.

NB it is a requirement of UK Visas and Immigration that any child under 18 travelling with an Adult (even if it is a brother or sister) needs a letter of authorisation from a parent giving their permission for their child to be accompanied by this particular Adult or Group leader. If the child is travelling alone, then the details of the taxi company or relative/friend meeting the child need to be stated in the letter. A copy of the passport of the parent signing the letter needs to be attached. Failure to produce the letter at immigration may cause some delay until verification is made OR in extreme cases, the child may be returned home.


We strongly recommend that you have fully comprehensive insurance to cover you in case of accident or emergencies.

New immigration laws introduced in 2016 now mean that all non-EEA students, regardless of their occupation and length of stay, are required to pay high National Health Service (NHS) fees for all services.

Can I purchase insurance cover through Lewis School?

Yes. We can arrange insurance through Endsleigh. For details, visit
Insurance Cover Standard – GBP 5.40 per week
Insurance Cover Private – GBP 10.80 per week


Do I need a visa?

To find out whether you need a visa to study in the UK, check here on the UK Government website.

What types of student visa are there?

Student visas include:

Students who have a Tourist / Visitor Visa may study for a maximum of 6 weeks (30 days).

Where can I apply for a visa?

To find a visa application centre in your country, click here.

Any Questions?

If you have any further questions about your stay, please contact us – we’re here to help you!

We look forward to welcoming you soon here at the Lewis School!

Pre-Arrival Guide - junior programmes - cover

Pre-Arrival Guide – Year-Round Junior Groups

Pre-Arrival Guide – Summer Junior Programmes 2019 – coming soon!

What would you like to find out about?

Contact Us