Jobs at Lewis School
Why Lewis School?
You’ll be working in a well-established language school with a reputation for quality. The Lewis School of English is accredited by the British Council and ISI, and achieved excellent results in our recent inspections in 2015 and 2016. We are also members of English UK and Quality English, are recognised as an Investor in People, and recently celebrated 40 years in business.
Swipe or use the arrows to see more photos.
It is our policy to enquire about any gaps in CVs and to request two professional references for each applicant.
Visas & Right to Work in the UK
All candidates will be required to produce documentation to prove that they are eligible to work in the UK. Due to the temporary nature of our summer contracts, we cannot consider any applicants who do not possess the required visa status and/or work permit for the UK.
Swiss and EEA nationals can live in the UK without needing to apply for permission from the Home Office. Croatian nationals may need to apply for permission from the Home Office before they can work in the UK. For more information, see the UK Government website.
Criminal Records Checks
Lewis School is committed to safeguarding its students. All staff employed to work with us that may come into contact with under 18s will be required to undergo appropriate suitability checks, such as DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service, England and Wales), Protecting Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) or a police certificate of good conduct.
Lewis School is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity in our workforce.
Any job offer is subject to all documentation requested being provided and the original ID documents seen at or prior to induction.
For more information about applying for a role at our school, download our Recruitment Procedure by clicking here, or see below.
If you have any questions or would like any further information, please email Alistair Walker, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All candidates will be directed to lewischool.co.uk/jobs to access the application form, job description, safeguarding policy and company handbook..
- Only complete application forms will be accepted. Any applicants who have submitted a CV only can be invited to re-apply with a complete application form.
- Applications will be reviewed against the person specification. Those who meet all of the essential criteria are taken to the next stage of shortlisting.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a face-to-face interview. Video conferencing is acceptable in cases where applicants are not local.
- Candidates must provide details of two referees, one of which must be the candidate’s most recent employer. Wherever possible, one of these references must be in relation to working with children and/or young people. In the event that no recent professional references can be sought an academic or open reference may be considered in exceptional circumstances.
- The documentation required at interview may include:
- Proof of identity
- Original copies of qualification certificates
- Completed enhanced DBS form
- The interviewer(s) will follow a set course of questions for each role. Interviewers may ask additional questions if a candidate’s answer is unclear and additional information is required.
- The interview(s) will take notes on the answers given.
- The relevant recruiting manager will check through the candidate’s application form, CV, DBS form and interview responses for any discrepancies. Any discrepancies found will be queried with the applicant.
- The chosen applicant will be DBS-checked (enhanced disclosure). The candidate will meet this expense.
- The successful applicants will be informed in writing of the job offer. A ‘job offer pack’ will be sent out. This will contain important information such as start date, salary, training dates etc, two copies of a staff contract to be signed, a copy of the company handbook and a copy of the relevant staff manual if appropriate.
- Any job offer is subject to all documentation requested being provided and the original ID documents seen at or prior to induction.
Last updated: January 2018