Supporting primary and secondary teachers
The new National Curriculum requires school teachers in the UK to teach English grammar more explicitly, starting from primary school. Your school can benefit from our expertise in English language teaching to help your teachers deliver this aspect of the curriculum in an engaging and effective way. Our workshops are designed to help primary/secondary school teachers who:
• are uncertain about the rules of English grammar
• want to refresh their knowledge of English grammar
• want to know how to teach grammar and embed it across other subjects
• want to apply modern methods of language learning that encourage better language acquisition and retention
The course will be tailored specifically to your school’s needs. It can be:
• any length from a half-day session up to a week-long programme
• delivered at your school, at our centre or online
• scheduled during holiday time, weekends, or the working week (fitting around school hours)
• based on more specifically-defined language needs (knowledge and/or teaching practice)
We also offer INSET to teachers of other modern languages. This focuses primarily on language teaching approaches, methods, procedures and techniques. Commonly requested topics include 1st and 2nd language acquisition theories, student engagement, learning styles, lesson planning, classroom management and materials use. We tailor this service to meet your training development needs, as well as your tight schedules. Your INSET can be booked as a standalone session or as part of a course of up to 5 days.
To learn more about this service and to find out how we’ve helped support primary and secondary school teachers in the UK, please contact us.
Prices start at £110 per hour plus trainer travel expenses.